Apr 3, 2017
102495 Views
1827 0

Written by
(Video Transcript)
Hard work is exactly like sleeping. Poor people sleep, rich people sleep. You do need sleep, or you will die. So poor people work hard, rich people work hard, it's not the differentiating factor, they both, what's the difference? You want to find the key thing they do differently. It's not what people do the same that helps you. I know what people do the same. The thing about bodies, what do most people in America do? Eat junk food, and get fat, so studying them, isn't gonna help you that much. You have to find, that's why Malcolm Gladwell wrote the book Outliers, you gotta study the people, the outliers. So the top 10 men in the world, make more money than 3.5 billion at the bottom. Just put that in perspective, that's thirty-five hundred, million people. That's a lot, right? So the reason is, is because, well that's the mystery. What do the ten do that those 3.5 billion, thousands of millions, of people don't do? And so when you answer that, then you figure out how to make more money.

So they do things like, I mean like Warren Buffet. Like doesn't believe in working hard. Warren Buffet says my investment strategy borders on sloth, he said when other people are trading stocks all the time at work, he makes like one big trade every two years. It appears to be slothfullness. But you do more thinking, thinking is what. It's kinda like Connor McGregor. In that fight with Aldo, where he knocked out Aldo in what, seven, 37 seconds I think it was. He came out and he interviewed, and he said, you remember what he said? – [Man] What'd he say? – [Man 2] I'd like to thank no one? – [Man 3] Absolutely nobody. – No about precision. – [Man] Precision beats power. – Precision beats power. (humming in agreement) So I was like, you got people, power they try to work hard and. (play yelling) And you got other people that are precision. You only need to knock someone out, you only need one precise hit, right there. You don't have to go 12 rounds. You don't want to go 12 rounds.

The goal in life, is less input, more output. The goal of life is to design a car, less gas, more miles. Every time I see people glorifying hard work, the only good thing about hard work is physical, manual labor. When I used to live on a farm, it'd make you strong. So there is some benefit, but people working hard in a business setting. In terms of stressing themselves out, waking up at four in the morning, going to bed at nine, you're literally depleting your adrenal glands, spiking your cortisol, and you're probably not working smart. There's only so many hours in a day. You can't outwork 3.5 billion people. You think, the top 10 people, if they worked 24 hours a day, how many hours could they work? Maximum, combined, 240, right? The bottom 3.5 million, I mean, billion people, if they just work one hour a day. Would work 3.5 billion hours a day. 3.5 billion, versus 240, but the 240 hour group makes more than the 3.5 billion, if they only worked one hour. So this proves my point, the fact that people argue this, I will tell you a very powerful skill, that I would recommend you learn to read, logic.

Logic is dead boy, people debate. You should take debate, debate is a very powerful skill. 'Cause it forces you to hone your skills of thinking. Critical thinking is another way to think. I can decide for myself usually. When somebody gives a piece of advice, whether it's garbage or not. And most advice is garbage. My advice to most people, if I could go back in time. Is literally, if I could brainwash myself. Clean out almost nothing people say is true. Just remember that, almost nothing. People say money doesn't make you happy. Which is an incomplete statement. It's not that simple, money in a sense won't make you happy. In another sense it will make you very happy. You know people, like I said education system was basically all built wrong. Even simple things like I was saying. Giving your kids an allowance to do chores. Why would you do that? They're apart of a family unit. Why should you have to do that? The parents don't get paid for doing it. And heres a crazier one Joel Salatin used to tell me, just simple societal things that make no sense.

He said, why when parents punish their kids, do they give them chores? Like oh, you have to do the dishes. He said, so what you've now trained your kids brain, is that work, like maintaining the house is punishment. See you know what the Amish used to do, a guy like Joel Salatin, this is the craziest thing I've ever seen. Talk about a mind fuck, for parents to do to their kids. In a positive way, is that I was once, I stayed with this guy Sam Chup. And his son forgot to get the eggs from the chickens. Or no, he forgot to milk the cow. That's what is was, so he came back, he was like six years old, and Sam says to his son, he says, you know you really hurt that cow, 'cause it hurts when they don't get milked. And the son's like, oh I'm sorry. So the dad goes, you can't come with me and your brothers on the construction crew today, you gotta stay here with your mom. And I remember his son fell on the ground crying, like please, take me! Because young kids want to be a part.

In society we've destroyed peoples creativity by punishing, don't punish with doing stuff. Punish by taking it away. Be like okay, the parents what they should do is, if you're good I'll let you start a business, if you're bad you have to only play video games while your brother makes a 100,000 while 14. – That's good! – Parents complain that their kids don't do enough, I'm like I know why they don't do enough. 'Cause you're a bad parent in terms of understanding motivation. If you have any brains you do exactly what I say. You got three kids, each of them you give a business, help them, you can help them. Make sure they start making a little bit of money. Don't give any of the other kids money. Then take the kid who's making a hundred bucks a week, and take him to the candy store, take him to the toy store. He comes home with all, and the other two kids are sittin' there they got one video game they got from grandma. (laughing) They're ready to buy the other one, and one of the kids is just making more than all of 'em.

All of a sudden, you're gonna have three entrepreneurs. Gotta use a little reverse psychology. – [Man 4] I like that. – [Man 3] It's good. – You can do that for adults, that's why people saying that materialism isn't good. Like I show Lamborghini's are morons, because I got more people motivated to read books then anyone is history. – True. – Because a lot of people go, a lot of people are motivated by material things. People are so dumb to think that I don't get high off or moral and supply. I understand how to use the supply. You know what I'm saying? I don't go in my garage and rub my cars and all of that, people think I'm this materialistic guy, I'm like no I'm out thinking you, you're slow. You're too slow. I have a goal, the goal is to motivate people toward a certain end. In this case, it's an end that's good for society, people still criticize it. Because people too slow, but whenever they're too slow, if it wasn't for the do you remember this?

The stupidity of others, you wouldn't be so rich. – [Man 4] Hell yeah! – If every 14 year old was sharp, you would be competing with every 14 year old would try to be on stage. Most 14 year olds, they're trying to figure out, you know God knows what. So stay ahead of the curve, it's not hard anymore. It's getting easier, it's a better world now. – It's true. – People are getting more followers, less leaders. Everybody becomes a follower, that's great, you can become the leader.

Read the video

The top 10 men in the world make more money than 3.5 billion people at the bottom. What do the ten do that the rest of the 3.5 billion people in the world do?

Article Tags:
· ·
Article Categories:
Videos

Comments to Why Hard Work Isn’t How You Make More Money (Use This “Less Input, More Output” Principle)

• Hi

Bey Silentt April 3, 2017 6:03 pm Reply
  • I Just watched a Gary V video on hard work lmao. I do see both sides.

Jackson A. April 3, 2017 6:09 pm Reply
    • Exactly, Brother. Both guys only tell the way that worked for them, wich appears to be completely different, but the important thing in my opinion is to find to Golden Path. 🙂

Gellért Turkevi-Nagy April 3, 2017 6:14 pm Reply
    • No, gary does say in his videos that you're gonna have to put in the work and work hard towards your goal. however when you reach that goal, it's all about working smarter.

André Dexterity April 3, 2017 6:17 pm Reply
    • Jackson A. its all about your own style

Mozkar Lozada April 3, 2017 6:37 pm Reply
    • It's all about educating oneself in their interests every waking moment. Study and understanding, much like physical labor, is hard work! takes a long time to acquire the knowledge, hone one's skills, and accomplish things.

MrRodQ April 3, 2017 6:40 pm Reply
    • Couldn't agree more.

Gellért Turkevi-Nagy April 3, 2017 7:07 pm Reply
    • Mozkar Lozada I agree

Jackson A. April 3, 2017 7:08 pm Reply
    • definitely and I do think there is a lot of truth in working hard and smart and the same time in the beginning because working inefficiently has no upsides

Deadpool April 3, 2017 7:12 pm Reply
    • The Difference Is Gary Doesn't Try To Sell You Something And Lopez Does . I Hope this Sentence made Your Mind .

Young Entrepreneur April 3, 2017 8:19 pm Reply
    • If you want to be an entrepreneur you better get used to selling and being sold to bro

Kevin SJJ April 3, 2017 9:28 pm Reply
    • and your think his viewers have nothing to do with the amount of money he gets a month? have a though man.

J040PL7 April 3, 2017 11:35 pm Reply
  • love U

Leen April 3, 2017 6:10 pm Reply
  • Tai Lopez will just be a marketing figure of the past 7 years from now. Gary V will be a entrepreneurial legend for decades!

Mike Hawke April 3, 2017 6:15 pm Reply
    • Also Gary V doesn´t believe in mentors or books. I believe taking the best of both entrepreneurs.

Leo Carlsson April 3, 2017 6:21 pm Reply
    • That's the main problem with you guys. Putting obviously very smart ppl against each other instead of learning from both

S Brooks April 3, 2017 10:30 pm Reply
  • KNAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLEEEEEEDGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEE!!!!! THATS WHY! KNOWWWWWWLEDGGGEEEEE

The Business Channel April 3, 2017 6:18 pm Reply
  • GET LOST AMIGO !!!!!! name me one person who made it by working less?? Idiot

The Business Channel April 3, 2017 6:20 pm Reply
    • The Business Channel he's not saying they're working less he's saying they're not working as hard but are getting results

Daniel Simkus April 3, 2017 7:06 pm Reply
    • The Business Channel – You have managed to surface among the pile of bullshit that is Tai Lopez. I congratulate you sir. Welcome to the real world, and remember you are not alone.

Henry Jennings April 3, 2017 7:51 pm Reply
    • could you just take a few seconds to think about what he's saying are you really that stupid that you think that someone would say you need to do less and results will start appearing
      tai is saying you need to find a faw to work smart so you dont have to work as hard because working smart is more effective

Deadpool April 3, 2017 8:46 pm Reply
    • Deadpool Are you really that stupid to believe him? Of course you are. You've been blinded by the cars and the wealth, and lost the intelligence to ask yourself "what have I learned that will help me become successful from Tai Lopez?" . I guarantee the answer to be absolutely nothing.

Henry Jennings April 3, 2017 8:48 pm Reply
    • well i have learned an incredible amount of things which changed my attitude to everything and he got me to read more books and gain intelligence from those, i was also in his social media marketing program and am doing really well with that

Deadpool April 3, 2017 8:53 pm Reply
    • The Business Channel No one said work less dumbass. just work smart. the hardest working people are in the middle class. it's because they're morons.

Ben S April 3, 2017 9:16 pm Reply
    • He said both rich and poor work hard amigo. It's just one knows to think and find better ways to do it while the other focus on hard work as their identity to get that sense of pride. The other use their lifestyle to get their sense of pride.

Kevin SJJ April 3, 2017 9:35 pm Reply
    • well said

Deadpool April 3, 2017 9:37 pm Reply
    • he said them in the video. idiot.

George Franco April 4, 2017 2:03 am Reply
    • George Franco Stupid cuck.

Henry Morgan April 4, 2017 7:12 am Reply
    • you haven't replied to my comment yet 😉

Deadpool April 4, 2017 1:53 pm Reply
    • Deadpool are you using the knowledge to make more money, just knowing isn't enough sometimes

Daniel Simkus April 4, 2017 2:02 pm Reply
  • Tai you're always on point just like the legend Gary Vee

EMAVITO April 3, 2017 6:27 pm Reply
  • 👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

CorridosMichoacanosVip April 3, 2017 6:31 pm Reply
  • You keep throwing shots at Gary while he's busy building his empire and showing what he exactly does. We don't even know what you do for a living and you keep telling us sign up for my course and you'll get rich. Naaah..doesn't work that way, if it was legit you would be saving your marketing dollars and word of mouth would get the job done for ya

Yahya Naciri April 3, 2017 6:32 pm Reply
    • you shouldn't be so negative, do you really honestly believe working hard and stupid beats working less hard and smart? tai isn't saying dont work hard but he's saying work more efficiently so you have to work less hard or get more stuff done in the same amount of time

Deadpool April 3, 2017 7:07 pm Reply
    • Yahya Naciri Exactly, you sir, have a brain.

Henry Jennings April 3, 2017 7:53 pm Reply
    • Regardless of how Tai makes his money, or how he claims to know a lot, he still does a great service as he is a source of inspiration for people seeking a better life. Even if Tai has improved the life of just a single person by motivating them enough to get out there and claim your own life rather than working for the man in a 9 hour a day job, then in my books, he has made a great contribution to society.

Kai Mainz April 3, 2017 11:43 pm Reply
    • Yahya Naciri sometimes people who talk the most say the least

Ty Nation April 4, 2017 12:08 am Reply
    • I watched the whole vid through and didn't hear one shot at Gary?Gary & Tai have created content together and seem to be buddies. Both have massive brands. Followings. Businesses.We can learn a TON from both of these people, and do exactly what fits our standards, goals, and ultimate lifestyle.Why all the hate?

Evan Teague April 4, 2017 7:37 am Reply
    • there is no single method to building an empire and staying rich. the only thing harder than making money is keeping it. tai most likely sold out in some way to get where he's at and now he's just throwing around mostly useless advice disguised as motivational bull shit that does really solve any of our problems and only makes him richer.

Rob Low April 4, 2017 3:33 pm Reply
    • I love how you assume that because he's successful and doesn't publicise every detail of how he makes his money, he must have sold his dignity and principles to become rich. Also, if his advice motivates at least one person to start a company then it is a worthy cause.

Kai Mainz April 4, 2017 5:53 pm Reply
  • Thai goes for training too. Gotta work hard, but smarter. This applies to everything. People think you need to go the gym 6-7 days a week for 2 hours a day. Wrong. You can go 2-3 days a week full body and make more Strength and mass than those who train harder. All about being smart. Good video

Mind And Muscle April 3, 2017 6:35 pm Reply
    • You can try but Bruce Lee trained for 6-7 days by being consistent and went past human strength standards.

Dark Geitan April 3, 2017 8:23 pm Reply
    • Dark Geitan Bruce Lee also had top 1% genetics

Mind And Muscle April 3, 2017 8:24 pm Reply
    • Yeah, but everyone can do it if they took the time to get there.

Dark Geitan April 3, 2017 8:27 pm Reply
    • Dark Geitan I mean sure but his style of training was different. He also took steroids but that's another topic

Mind And Muscle April 3, 2017 8:31 pm Reply
    • haha

Dark Geitan April 3, 2017 8:33 pm Reply
  • Genius!!

MrRodQ April 3, 2017 6:38 pm Reply
  • Who is the guy?

MrOutPerform April 3, 2017 6:40 pm Reply
  • just stories thats all

Surpriser X April 3, 2017 6:42 pm Reply
  • I don't believe in working hard.

El Ruiz April 3, 2017 6:47 pm Reply
  • Why Tai backed up against the wall like he bout to get beat up?

M E April 3, 2017 6:56 pm Reply
  • The way I see it, "Think harder than you work." Hustling as hard as you can is just a waste if you haven't laid out a plan. With a plan, you know exactly how much work is needed, where to do it, and when. Outsmart your competition or get left behind.

Empirical Sword April 3, 2017 7:09 pm Reply
    • exactly!

Deadpool April 3, 2017 8:50 pm Reply
    • nailed it!

Ken C April 3, 2017 11:33 pm Reply
    • Empirical Sword so many people in the comments section are missing this. You nailed it perfectly. He's not saying be a complete lazy idiot but just approach things smarter so you won't have to exert yourself harder

King Bradley1315 April 4, 2017 8:27 pm Reply
  • Would much rather live like Tai Lopez, so I'm taking his advice over Gary Vee

PrinceAustin April 3, 2017 7:10 pm Reply
    • there is truth behind both but the problem is people think its one or the other since what they're saying is not the opposite of each other but it compliments each other

Deadpool April 3, 2017 8:49 pm Reply
    • while you're debating whether you should work hard or work smart, other people are putting in the work and getting ahead

Jordan Linsell Smith April 3, 2017 9:10 pm Reply
    • I like the way spiderman-head here said it.

Meeka B April 4, 2017 3:21 am Reply
    • Only take advice from people you willing to trade places with. I don't want to "hustle hustle hustle" 24/7

PrinceAustin April 4, 2017 6:01 am Reply
    • Exactly bro fuck working all your life having no relationship with kids etc. Rather be on a couple boards run meetings out my garden in la few times a week and spend time with family 💯

Harry Williams April 4, 2017 11:14 pm Reply
  • Very helpful Im going to use these tips on people now.

GarriSun April 3, 2017 7:16 pm Reply
  • one out of how many "entrepreneurs" you claim you have trained lol

Draco Dina April 3, 2017 7:30 pm Reply
    • well i'm in his social media marketing program so he has ''trained'' me and its working very well for me so far

Deadpool April 3, 2017 8:48 pm Reply
    • Deadpool really? how so. enlighten me

Draco Dina April 3, 2017 8:59 pm Reply
  • tai . ur Amazing man

omeir ajaz April 3, 2017 7:33 pm Reply
  • To be honest, Tai is speaking some facts. I'm trying my hardest to become someone with a lifestyle such as his and it's difficult. Not because of the work, but because of the dumb luck I'm trying to obtain. I want to be a Youtuber, I love the audience, content, and fans I generate, but it's not enough to make myself live off the passion. I tried so many ways to make my content pop, searching different articles, methods, strategies, ext., and I keep learning new things. As for the success, it's still pending which makes it difficult. I don't want a regular 9-5 job, I'm a strong believer in happiness, which is why I'm chasing my dreams. If only I could find supporters, who would fund my content, maybe I'd be able to live bliss!

KenyOwns April 3, 2017 7:36 pm Reply
    • Dont dream of supporters man, and second wait for time or nature to reward you. You cant rush success, nature has its timings. And in the mean time, really invest on yourself and learn more, and provide more value.

Red Lord666 April 4, 2017 6:51 am Reply
    • you got so much subs already dont give up

| Ride.the.Flow | April 7, 2017 12:22 am Reply
    • You should listen to Ask Gary Vee 247 where they talk specifically about this. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Coolworldleaderguy April 8, 2017 1:30 am Reply
  • lmao putting Caleb on the spot

JBronz April 3, 2017 7:39 pm Reply
  • Nuggets

James Pulliam April 3, 2017 7:58 pm Reply
  • You need a kid for tell all this things that you know

Adolfo Treviño Zeni April 3, 2017 8:03 pm Reply
  • hi tai lopez it's me zuse

zuse April 3, 2017 8:11 pm Reply
  • Every wealthy person applies a simple principle: Leverage.Trading your time for dollars is a waste of your limited time. Physical labor is good for young people to learn the work ethic. After you understand the value applying your efforts to create value, then focus your attention on building or buying cash flowing assets that continue to produce income after your work is completed. An asset puts money into your pocket, while a liability takes money from your pocket.Apply leverage to your chosen business model to amplify your efforts. Wealthy people sell more than they buy.Wealthy people acquire assets that pay for their liabilities. If you want a car (liability), then buy or build an asset that generates enough income to buy that liability and to put more money into your pocket. Pay yourself to buy a liability with the income produced by assets.

UltimateBargains April 3, 2017 8:12 pm Reply
    • very true!

Deadpool April 3, 2017 8:46 pm Reply
  • okey give me One Person who made billion without working Hard at a point of his life . steve jobs , ellun musk, bill gates they all workoholic people

Young Entrepreneur April 3, 2017 8:24 pm Reply
    • Young Entrepreneur from the beginning though. You're right.

Joseph Park April 3, 2017 6:18 pm Reply
    • someone clearly watched gary V but tai isn't saying you should not work hard for succes but working less hard and more smart is better then working hard but stupid

Deadpool April 3, 2017 7:05 pm Reply
    • Literally all the children of Sam Walton

Jay Bartgis April 3, 2017 7:07 pm Reply
    • Young Entrepreneur At the beginning, there's not too much where to outsmart people: that's why they worked hard asf.

Dio Zanna April 3, 2017 7:34 pm Reply
    • Hunger + Love = Passion.
      Some people are lucky to find what makes them feel passion for something, really quick, and they succeed.
      But most of the people aren't lucky and need to gather knowledge, in order to find themselves and find passion for something.

The best trick is to consider your brain as a stomach, that eats knowledges.
      A brain without knowledges is like… a virgin boy that can't even see what girls are expecting from him: taking action.

In the end, everybody should succeed.

Zeph HD April 3, 2017 7:34 pm Reply
    • Young Entrepreneur you can try the law of attraction not so much effort tough and not bs

Burak April 3, 2017 8:25 pm Reply
    • +Burak Great Reply I Read the secret and watched the movie and read more than 10 LAW OF ATTRACTION Stories , and None of them made it without Effort , Once Your mind Believes You won't Hold Back , and You Will Put All The Work That You can , As Tony Robbins once said The 'cause of Laziness is the Doubt That You won't Gonna Make It , If You Are 100% Sure that you Gonna Make You Put all You Got In It , Like Thomas Edisson did with the lamp and Ford When He Created The V8 engine .

Young Entrepreneur April 3, 2017 8:44 pm Reply
    • Don't Take My World For It Just Watch this Video By Elon musk Most Admired Person In 21 century when he got ask about best advice for coming entrepreneurs search for in youtube : "Elon Musk: Work twice as hard as others"

Young Entrepreneur April 3, 2017 8:48 pm Reply
    • Donald Trump

romiboise April 3, 2017 8:57 pm Reply
    • romiboise he worked hard though?

Entpr April 3, 2017 9:25 pm Reply
    • Are you REALLY saying that no one wealthy inherited their money?

Jay Bartgis April 3, 2017 10:52 pm Reply
    • Jay Bartgis Many people who inherit money still work hard for it. Many Rich people teach there children hard & smart work ethic so they wouldnt lose the inherited wealth.

Mr. Merk April 4, 2017 2:35 am Reply
  • hey

EmailMeForTai'sProgram ForestGT2216 at aol dot com April 3, 2017 8:32 pm Reply
  • Almost 1mio subs…I follow you since May 14 and I'm very proud of you my man. Keep up the great work brother!

Charlie Himself April 3, 2017 8:34 pm Reply
  • Deep

Erivaldo W. Santos April 3, 2017 8:43 pm Reply
  • Ok I'm sorry I didn't watch but I disliked the shit out of this video. Because I'm only 19 and am the youngest OPERATOR of a machine that produces the final product in the manufacturing plant I work at and I started off breaking down pallets. So you can't say that all my hard work of being bent down more than 10 hours a day for 9 months breaking down twice of the recommend pallets in an hour for no reason. I also have a part time at McDonald's working just to be with my friends been there literally for about 5 days now and even the manager came up to me and said that most new people don't last two days because they quit because they can't handle how fast they have to be at times and because some workers can be rude to them for being new

Joey161 April 3, 2017 8:44 pm Reply
    • Joey161 so how much money have u made and will your current effort be sustainable over the course of your life?

Ben S April 3, 2017 9:20 pm Reply
    • Ben S lmao. Dude if you believe tai Lopez your an idiot. I make enough for someone my age. I make 2'000+ a month the + depends on overtime I make which can vary from an 1-2 hours a day eight days a pay period. And for McDonald's not too sure yet just started working there but like I said I make sufficient amount of money a month for my HARD WORK. just look at him he wouldn't last a day doing what I do at work

Joey161 April 3, 2017 9:31 pm Reply
    • Joey161 man, respect for what you're doing, but you have to think: is the output or your goal worth the effort/input. when was the last time you chilled a whole day, making a sport, have a bbq with friends or went out the whole night making party, so that your hangover is that hard that you cant go up until tuesday? i dont know if you want to do this kind of stuff, but you have to think, that if this is the best time of your live, is it a good live or have you lived just to work for what? money, money is so temporare, i know this sounds so mainstream, but relationships are much more consistend, friends will help you, a boy- or girlfriend s always gonna be there for you and the family is (not only) your insurance for bad times. so dont take everything to serious, we are young, we can make mistakes, no one can blame us for doing so, but let not working to much be the mistake, make mistakes that you can remember together with your friends, make experiences that gonna help you in bad times or let you feel good when you think of them. relax while playing videogames, eat the best things, travel the world, drink as much as you can, have fun with girls and learn for life by living.(btw im italianXD, but i know a lot of young people across europe, which think like this and achieve very big things)

Opal.05 April 3, 2017 9:56 pm Reply
    • Joey161 so what are your goals in life? ( you dont have to answer, just think of it, than think if you re going the right and easiest way for it)

Opal.05 April 3, 2017 9:59 pm Reply
    • Dude your the idiot…the idiot that didnt answer my question. The fact you opened your comment with " i didn't watch but disliked" is what made you more the idiot. I asked you if what you did is sustainable. Did you answer that? 2,000 a month isn't anything great. And if you still have a boss you have zero control. Maybe watch the video and listen. And really listen. What he's saying is not new, by the way.

Ben S April 4, 2017 7:15 am Reply
    • You need to combine hard work with smart work. You are just working hard. You aren't working smart at the same time.

harley smyth April 4, 2017 11:58 am Reply
    • Ben S lmao yea because my back ups that have worked longer on the machine don't listen to me hmm ok. I see what you mean. Clearly in case your small mind didn't read I said how I started off having the worst job there to know being head operator of a machine. Yup I would love to hear how your the boss at a manufacturing plant

Joey161 April 4, 2017 12:08 pm Reply
    • harley smyth all you know is that I work hard right. But you don't know the safety precautions we have as soon as we walk in those doors. I go by this poster mike Rowe recreated from when he was in school. Look it up his version says "work hard and smart" and the original only said "work smart not hard". I mean come on just from the title it's as if he's telling younger people that if they're smarter than someone who works hard then they will have a better future.

Joey161 April 4, 2017 12:11 pm Reply
    • You're the boss as in you're the owner? or just a manager? Cuz if you're not the owner, you're the slave.

Ben S April 5, 2017 1:12 am Reply
    • Lol this dude work at McDonalds and acts like his job is something crazy.

harley smyth April 5, 2017 7:54 am Reply
    • harley smyth yea my part time is. I'm sorry but your starting to sound like the other dumbass. Come work at the plant I work at and see how long you'll last. Plus we all know you lied their is no way you make more than your friends who work part in just 5 minutes.

Joey161 April 5, 2017 8:01 am Reply
    • He's 19. Talking like he had some wealth of experience. Thinks just cuz he operates a machine he knows what success is. Guess what? He'll probably die at that machine, assuming his company will keep him that long. They'll probably fire him before he can get any retirement. The more probable scenario is he gets laid off and passed around from one company to the next like a whore. He just needs time to understand how the real world works.

Ben S April 5, 2017 8:11 am Reply
    • email me h.smythbusiness@gmail.comIll send you proof if you dont believe it hahahha

harley smyth April 5, 2017 9:15 am Reply
    • harley smyth naw I'm good. If that's what you say then ok.

Joey161 April 5, 2017 9:39 am Reply
    • Ben S I mean considering you work "smart" and not "hard" like the video says. Then no the chances are less likely to happen. And also considering that we make the finish product of what your whole house is built out of and how the economy is right now we won't go out of business. You think just because your older and watch this guy you know everything. You don't know my story neither do I know yours.

Joey161 April 5, 2017 9:42 am Reply
    • Funny though how you contradict yourself by first saying, "You think just because your older and watch this guy you know everything" and then saying,"You don't know my story neither do I know yours."If you don't know me, how could you know what i was thinking? Secondly, I know your story…because you told me…It was the content of your opening statement for this thread (see above).I don't think i know everything. But i do know business. By working as an employee and also having a business of my own. My age has given me perspective. Perspective you don't have. Your age is also why you are still immature. Your immaturity is reflected in your comments. Wanna know where?Here are some excerpts:'Ok I'm sorry I didn't watch but I disliked the shit out of this video. Because I'm only 19 and…"First off, don't comment on something before you hear whats said.Didn't help at all that your next statement was your age."lmao. Dude if you believe tai Lopez your an idiot"Believing what Tai says makes no one an idiot till someone else can falsify his statements. However, you could not provide any evidence to the contrary. And how could you anyways. You chose not to watch the video. Then resorted to name calling because your argument was weak. What Tai is saying is nothing new. Its a principle all business owners live by. Get more for less. As the title suggest, hard work does not make you MORE money. It's not that hard work is not essential. It is. But working harder has no correlation with income. In fact, the hardest working generations were our parents or grandparents. Yet even then, these older ones are broke and have no choice but to go back to work.So whats the moral of the story? Be smart. Don't do all that work. Be the boss. Hire people to do it for you. It's what your boss has done right? Hired you to do the work. And out of the two of you who makes the most money? You? probably not. Who has the most freedom? You? Probably not.Anyways, kid (and yes, you are still a kid), just think about what i said. Don't just start opening your mouth without thinking. Allot have people have been where you are. Started out at the bottom. Were really good employees. Maybe got better positions. But at some point, you're stuck and can't go any further. Your income stagnates. There's no room for your personal growth. Bills increase but your income doesn't. Inevitably, you get let go. Because the job isn't yours. It belongs to your boss. He'll decide what position and income you have. It's all apart of the game. Is that what you want? or would you rather be the boss and take your destiny in you own hands?That being said, I do wish you the best. Keep that work ethic. But do it for yourself. Don't keep giving to your boss or someone else. Build something that's yours. Don't borrow only to have it taken back. Hope you get more knowledge and money as you grow into adulthood.

Ben S April 6, 2017 8:07 am Reply
    • I think the point he's trying to make is that instead of working 10 hours a day for 9 months straight doing labor. you should use that time to work for yourself..

Dougie Dee's April 6, 2017 4:32 pm Reply
  • I love how hard the kid is trying to look smart and sophisticated lol

Aidan Sullivan April 3, 2017 9:26 pm Reply
    • i can tell that lil fucker gone make a lot of money tho😁😁

Ken C April 3, 2017 11:36 pm Reply
  • Is that Tim Ferris!!! LOL

Parham Radmanesh April 3, 2017 9:29 pm Reply
  • The two people there Caleb and his dad are worshippers of Gary V. Interesting if they change their mind a little after this. You have to work hard no matter you're rich or not. The difference is when people glorify hard work. Hustling and getting things done is an awesome motivation that's why people preach it. But behind the scenes look at the family abandoned, restless nights, and sickness that you experience when you get that sense of identity by hustling.

Kevin SJJ April 3, 2017 9:33 pm Reply
  • Lmao!!! Tai, who are these guys with you? I LOVE THIS HALLWAY BOY TALK! — P.S. You're SO FUCKING AWESOME!!!

The Illuminated Muse* April 3, 2017 9:41 pm Reply
  • Very few are meant to be like Gary V. He gets high off grinding and destroying himself; barely seeing his family and working 17 hour days… Good for him! But that's not everybody. His hard work is something to admire, but not something I would ever want to completely emulate.

Fiddler Green April 3, 2017 9:42 pm Reply
  • timing beat speed ,presision beat power , for the next time thai …

NATLUS April 3, 2017 9:42 pm Reply
  • for youtuber tht only have 566 vids and 900k subs sweet house and nice cars

Lisa Sault April 3, 2017 10:32 pm Reply
  • FACTS(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Waterfied Focus April 3, 2017 10:59 pm Reply
  • Is buying a product and selling it for a higher price dumb business or smart business? Like you said, most 14 year olds are dumb when it comes to business so selling it to them will be kinda smart right?

Jacob Choi April 3, 2017 11:17 pm Reply
  • they look like they wanna jump tai and kick his ass

Ken C April 3, 2017 11:31 pm Reply
  • Materialism is only worth while in this life, and for the psychical body. A Greater wisdom goes deeper than just physical!

Nigativety April 4, 2017 12:14 am Reply
  • Lol gary and tai are throwing shots back at each other

WavY Shawn April 4, 2017 12:30 am Reply
  • Working smart is more important than working hard, so many people seem confused by this. Yes you can work hard and make a lot of money. But if you work smart enough you don't have to work nearly as hard. You can work as hard as you want at mcdonalds and still make 8.25 an hour.

Cycle April 4, 2017 12:34 am Reply
  • Ok clearly people are to stupid to understand that what Tai is saying is hard work is a necessity, he's not saying don't work hard he's saying you can't just think that all you have to do is work hard and you will succeed, you can work super hard as a McDonald's employee doesn't mean your going to be rich. Work smart work hard.

Kenny Smith April 4, 2017 12:49 am Reply
  • "precision beats power and timing beats speed"

Ever B April 4, 2017 1:05 am Reply
  • This is the genius a lot of people miss in Tai. The depth of knowledge

Christopher Hemenway April 4, 2017 1:33 am Reply

HotCandy Sweat April 4, 2017 1:38 am Reply
  • Haven't fapped this hard in a while!

BuddhaTrader April 4, 2017 3:02 am Reply
  • I love when the stuff coming out of someone's mouth is important.. rare

Meeka B April 4, 2017 3:15 am Reply
  • I love when the stuff coming out of someone's mouth is important.. rare

Meeka B April 4, 2017 3:15 am Reply
  • I never let up on my facebook debates. This has made me an excellent critical thinker. Once again I agree and love listening to your wisdom.

Sharif Sourour April 4, 2017 4:09 am Reply
  • Amazing!!

JadesOfficial . April 4, 2017 4:14 am Reply
  • It was 13 seconds Tai!

William Cao April 4, 2017 4:15 am Reply
  • 3500 million people…..really? Lol

shawn Kirby April 4, 2017 4:18 am Reply
  • All this guy cares about us money just stop bro…

Rocco Playz April 4, 2017 4:59 am Reply
  • If you don't want to accept his advice don't click on the video or watch it. Let alone argue your opinion through a comment lol. Tai doesn't post for the close minded people he post's for those who can learn and benefit from these words of wisdom.

Vscended April 4, 2017 7:19 am Reply
  • really guys? why are you arguing over whose advice to accept. Gary Vee Or Tai what does it matter? forget the messenger and take the message.

Aaron Chidi April 4, 2017 9:36 am Reply
  • nice

raja shahrukh April 4, 2017 9:51 am Reply
  • This is great marketing strategies by uploading life videos. For example Thousand of people100%) who will be watching this and half of them (50%) will be interested and half of them will be addicted to him (25%) and another half of them (5%) will sign up for course and buy product or service from him and charge extra. Smart very smart guy.

Akihiro Ito April 4, 2017 11:51 am Reply
  • How to make money online, follow this link for a FREE guide https://spdyfl.com/bGiN

Marilyn Fernandez April 4, 2017 3:32 pm Reply
  • Here is the point, and please stop comparing Gary Vee to Tai. You need to WORK HARD in A SMART WAY!

marouane baid April 4, 2017 4:14 pm Reply
  • Work hard vs. work smart? Why not do both? 😀

Rene Trupej April 4, 2017 5:11 pm Reply
    • Rene Trupej exactly lol, may as well work as smart as tai and as hard as Garry = unstoppable

LifeAsCam April 5, 2017 8:41 am Reply
    • Dude exactly! I had the same Tai&Gary collab in my mind 😀

Rene Trupej April 5, 2017 9:27 am Reply
    • Dude exactly! I had the same Tai&Gary collab in my mind 😀

Rene Trupej April 5, 2017 9:28 am Reply
    • The "Work Hard" he's telling to leave behind is the kind that isn't beneficial; it's like saying "Why aren't we using straight 40 motor oil anymore?" Well, it wore engines quicker because cold starts were ridiculous on them if the engines started at all in frigid cold. Tai still advocates working hard in a training method, where you think it's hard at first but once you keep going it's a lot easier.

Austin Lucas April 6, 2017 9:51 pm Reply

Louie A April 5, 2017 3:55 am Reply
  • caleb and matt!

Ceasar Clark April 5, 2017 6:56 am Reply
  • Tai do more book videos, love those ones just started think and grow rich

LifeAsCam April 5, 2017 8:37 am Reply
  • Listen to Garry V or Andy Frisella. They aren't saying to work stupid or inefficiently, never have. They are saying to work your ass off in a smart manner. No professional athlete gives 70% because less is more. Use your head on this one. You use 100% of your focus and spare time on something, you will reap much better results than 50%. Its just a numbers game. Work hard and smart, don't listen to guys who have never even made a business before…

ryei6 April 5, 2017 11:10 am Reply
  • You people are fucking retardedNot once in this video did Tai say "working hard is a bad thing"The fucking point is to work smarter so you don't have to work as hard. Simple comprehension.

someone living April 5, 2017 4:39 pm Reply
    • Exactly the point, "We're not using straight 40 motor oil in our cars anymore because they wouldn't start in winter and it wore the engines quicker anyway! 10w40 helps a lot but 5w40's even better in cold starts!"

Austin Lucas April 6, 2017 9:53 pm Reply
  • First step to wealth? Get out of debt: https://www.gofundme.com/rpmfr5-pay-off-student-loans

Past Me Future Me April 5, 2017 5:48 pm Reply
  • Excellent video

jonathan bowens April 5, 2017 6:49 pm Reply
  • I like you perspective on things is then anyway a certain few people can we a chance to work with you and learn how to become wealthy like you. I think like you on most things and im wondering if you could invest some of your knowledge and let me earn experience working with you

Jahcoassy Leo April 6, 2017 12:55 am Reply
  • I don't understand why are people hating Gary V and Tai Lopez. They are both right. There is half population in this world who knows what to do in order to achieve their goals but they are just lazy as fuck. Then, there is the other half who works their asses off every single day but they have no idea what the fuck they're trying to achieve. I guess hustling is like working out. Repetitions and sets matter but they don't if you don't do the exercises correctly.

RookieN08 April 6, 2017 6:21 am Reply
    • If the job isn't bringing the results (as long as it isn't harmful to anyone) then what's the point? "My parents told me so"?

Austin Lucas April 7, 2017 3:59 am Reply
  • It's actually not REALLY about working smart and less harder. It's about where the energy goes into. You can work hard in a factory and you'll be a great factory worker. Work hard for yourself and you'll do good for yourself. Where focus goes, energy flows. And it's not about "less input, more output". That's not something you really focus on in the beginning, it's something you understand as you progress through your work you understand how to optimise your own workflow. But the beginning goal should never be "less input, more output" because that'll just cause people to be lazy. All that stuff is shaped in the process of work, not before that.

IboNLable April 6, 2017 12:27 pm Reply
  • You are not making money Tai, go mainstream, launch a reality TV shown on cable TV and make big bucks just like the Kardashians, you are a smart guy; you've got what it takes, there is no money in internet marketing, none at all. Do what you have to do, you know better, it's all about the money, don't waste time selling a product that most people don't appreciate, you've got a lot of VALUE to deliver, a reality TV should be your NEXT move. Go for it! Miguel.

Miguel CP April 6, 2017 12:39 pm Reply
  • 5:50 – the ginger kid speaks

Thomas Shelby April 6, 2017 10:58 pm Reply
    • Thomas Shelby they have no soul

David Samuel April 7, 2017 11:49 am Reply
    • Thomas Shelby hahaha all he did was laff …lol

Sigi Coria April 17, 2017 4:49 am Reply
    • Sigi Coria listen carefully – "that's good"

Thomas Shelby April 18, 2017 6:56 pm Reply
    • Thomas Shelby thanks bruh

Sigi Coria April 18, 2017 9:38 pm Reply
  • Can anyone explain me the purpose of these two morons standing there nodding saying "ya" for 8 minutes? Why are they in this video.

HSSLNG April 8, 2017 12:39 am Reply
  • The Gary Vee Tai Lopez fued continues, lmao. Protip: Tai provides great knowledge, but you must apply the knowledge & concepts to build a successful business. THIS takes hard work & hustle, & that's what Gary Vee preaches. Anyone trying to tell you it's not hard work usually has something to gain from it (a course to sell perhaps?)

Coolworldleaderguy April 8, 2017 1:22 am Reply
  • Fancy giving me a small loan of a million dollars?

KenzieMaaate April 8, 2017 3:14 am Reply
  • fricken awesome video, hit the nail straight on the head!!!!!!

Paul Williams April 8, 2017 5:03 am Reply
  • The hardest part of being successful is the process of becoming successful. Cultivate your crops, fertilize and water them then watch them grow. Next season hire one or two people for a fraction of your profit and continue the growing cycle. Until you are just sitting back from a managing standpoint collecting the majority of profit. This can apply to any type of business. The question is, did you choose wisely? What's on demand? Pros and Cons… things are evolving really fast. Think ahead.

j ross April 8, 2017 1:21 pm Reply
  • You must work hard in a gym with gays. Thats great.

Daniel Bedford April 9, 2017 1:35 pm Reply
  • US troops working hard is why this kids alive

SCOOTERING VIDEOS April 9, 2017 11:59 pm Reply
  • How many of the 10 started completely broke? Or even middle class

Elijah Freeman April 10, 2017 6:08 am Reply
    • Elijah Freeman most

Benjamin Juarez April 16, 2017 6:46 pm Reply
  • 350 "BILLION" people!

Michael Jones April 12, 2017 11:50 am Reply
  • Eric Thomas was wrong smh

Noah Morris April 12, 2017 8:32 pm Reply
  • What the fuck did I just saw??

Mahesh Kamble April 14, 2017 2:06 am Reply
  • I don't know why this makes me feel so uncomfortable.. Especially the 2 guys on the rights reaction and mannerisms

Ethan Henning April 14, 2017 3:52 am Reply
  • no gonna lie as click bait as he is, Tai does put out so powerful insightful information that anybody can use to apply to their lives…

N2 D April 15, 2017 12:00 am Reply
  • Hey man, its been awhile. Go on twitter, i sent you a message you might like. Keep it up, see you soon

Paul S. Truk April 15, 2017 7:32 am Reply
  • Only Tai could have almost a million subscribers, but be lucky to get 50k people to watch his videos. You used to be valuable Tai, but Gary Vee is destroying you.

Isaac Kurtz April 15, 2017 2:36 pm Reply
  • Wow..!!

Sunny Newar April 15, 2017 8:24 pm Reply
  • knaaaawledge

THUNGUNSPRO *X* April 16, 2017 7:07 am Reply
  • mans in the black jacket chose an awkward standing spot.

ninesix April 16, 2017 10:27 am Reply
  • 14 Seconds Tai!!

Xeno XGod April 17, 2017 5:35 pm Reply
  • you are talking gold

Memo Sal April 18, 2017 12:23 pm Reply
  • I can't believe that kids actually keeping his mouth shut 😂👍

Real Allen Pope April 18, 2017 7:04 pm Reply
  • I am busy but is not mean that my work is hard or difficult so work smartly instead seriously

Mona Moore April 19, 2017 5:24 am Reply
  • I'm in college currently undecided major, been going for 2yrs b/c I didn't know what else to do with my life. Current gpa 2.13 I fail a lot of my classes and pass sum easy ones to help boost it a little. I hate academics. i'm extremely lazy person and I procrastinate a lot. As of rn I think I would like to go into criminal justice in the fall (as a plan B). Tai got me interested into becoming an entrepreneur and I want his lifestyle to be my own someday. My thing is since I'm in college should I take up criminal justice just in case me being an entrepreneur doesn't work out? I feel like you don't need to go to college to become a successful entrepreneur and u could let real life world problems be your teacher instead of the school system. I was thinking of taking up business at first but my friends tell me I shouldn't do that and that business is really hard and it's a big risk. Which is why I stated that if I took criminal justice in the fall semester (as a plan b) but learn to Do my entrepreneur stuff on my own time and along with Tai's help if I buy his smma program someday. Btw I'm 20 years old. Never been passionate about a lot of things but as of rn this is what I'm thinking and would love to hear you guys opinion on what u think I should do.

Huey Freeman April 19, 2017 7:09 am Reply
    • Do what you are doing right now. Take criminal justice while doing entrepreneur stuff on your own time.

Ernest TV April 21, 2017 2:50 pm Reply
  • People citing wildly successful entrepreneurs like Steve Jobs, Mark Cuban, and Elon Musk are missing a huge point here: Working smart is about EFFICIENCY. If you want to move humanity to Mars, that's obviously going to require an insane amount of work, regardless of how ingenious you are. If Elon Musk wanted to live an upper middle class lifestyle making 100k annually, do you honestly think he'd would work that hard?

Diop Belgrave April 19, 2017 3:18 pm Reply
    • i think 100k a year is upper class. not so much middle class.

umair khattak May 28, 2017 5:57 pm Reply
  • Bro Tai, I don't like the way you're all prompt against the wall like that. Come on bro, you separate mountains 😉

Spider Man April 20, 2017 2:24 am Reply
  • "The opinion of the sheep does not concern the wolf."

Spider Man April 20, 2017 2:32 am Reply
  • You need to have money to make money. You can be really smart, if you have nothing to invest, you won`t make any money.

LittleReiKu April 20, 2017 2:34 pm Reply
    • Exactly, I think the tough part is to have some capital to start and as soon as you have like half a million to a million it won't be that hard to become really rich.

superjofi April 21, 2017 1:31 am Reply
    • exactly

umair khattak May 28, 2017 6:31 pm Reply
    • superjofi excuses

Try&StopMeM8 June 12, 2017 11:47 am Reply
  • Most people don't actually work those hours lol. AND Don't think about it. So what about the person who works 13 hours a day AND thinks their way to the place they want to be? By your standards wouldn't that person be in a better place than you? Just a thought

Ballin Jr April 21, 2017 12:08 am Reply
  • Want to win a Rolex watch? Enter here https://wn.nr/pBEwS4

Honest Abe April 21, 2017 3:49 am Reply
  • I can't be forced or told to use this less input, more output principle. I can't be forced or told use this less input, more output principle. I can't be forced or told to use this less input more output principle. I can't be forced or told use this less input more output principle. These are actually four different statements if you read carefully.

backpocket philosopher April 21, 2017 4:08 am Reply
  • that's right Guy's don't work hard just make a business and eat big Mac's while watching the TV and shit eventually you'll get successful…… no but really Thor who work hard get places 99% of America sits down all day and would rather play Xbox on their free time unlike successful people they wake up early and don't stop till they achieve their goal's u can't compare yourself to Warren buffett he has already made Billion's shit if he wanted he can sit home all day and do nothing and still make 22million from coke cola since he owns 1% of it guys warren has made it in life to a point where he doesn't need to do anything unlike people who are trying to get somewhere from nothing u can't just sit home and do nothing and expect success….

CartoonFB April 24, 2017 1:38 am Reply
  • 13 seconds, not 37.

isaac joel April 24, 2017 6:05 pm Reply
  • Knowledge

French toast mafia Derp April 25, 2017 11:48 am Reply
  • just general information every one know that not worthing my time

Haitam Ch April 25, 2017 4:28 pm Reply
  • "Less gas more miles"

sohaib ahmed April 26, 2017 5:04 am Reply
  • You can profit off anything, you just have to polish your craft and stay motivated. . .

Ron Cash April 26, 2017 9:39 pm Reply
  • ….Its a process and time for both. If u don't put in maximum output to start than you don't even know what the most efficient way to do things are.

Cendan Claiborne April 28, 2017 1:39 am Reply
  • that's why i like you tai you're cool

MARk.0 PATINO April 28, 2017 3:51 am Reply
  • Work Smarter 🔑

Emmanuel Rodriguez April 29, 2017 5:41 am Reply
  • totally agree

COBRAxCMNDRxHAWX April 30, 2017 1:00 pm Reply
  • Was 99% of what he just said a lie?

Mike C May 1, 2017 4:31 am Reply
  • "Direction is more important than speed. There are a lot of people going nowhere fast."

Paul Hobus May 5, 2017 1:22 am Reply